Friday, April 13, 2012

Why Hello There.

Why hello there. 

Quite a bit of time has past and you know, I can't say with any level of certainly if I really missed you. The truth is, I didn't think about you that often, aside from when I was downing a fab meal. So you could say I thought about you but not enough to convince me to blog about it.

But here's the thing. All you regular bloggers with day jobs... I have no idea how you do it. You must have a maid, a personal chef, a dog walker, a masseuse, someone to workout for you, shop for you dress you, and bathe you. I happen to have none of these things and seem to be exhausted and poorly dressed all the time. Seriously, how do you do it? Instead of sacrificing an hour to post friendly updates of my uninteresting life, I have been opting for a bedtime of 9PM and loving every second of it. Anyway, enough of that.

Here's what has really happened since last August.

  • I lost my toenail.
  • I killed a few houseplants. I swear I can't keep anything alive.
  • I worked a lot.
  • We adopted a lil' pup named Beth.
  • Dave got rid of Dennis. A whole story of it's own, but suffice it to say, there are many people on Craigslist eager to take a snake off your hands.
  • I ran some.
  • My toenail grew back.
  • I bruised my toenail again.

As you can see, the most exciting thing to have happened here is that my poor toenail grew back. Pray for it, because after I run the American Odyssey relay again in two weeks, she's likely to be a goner again. Conveniently in time for sandal season. I toyed with the idea of posting a photo of it at its worst, but I'll spare you and instead, show you a picture of Miss Beth.

Isn't she the cutiestootiest? I thought so, too. Aside from a few instances waking from a dead sleep to the stench of puppy diarrhea, she's been a really great puppy and a great addition to our little family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment