Monday, April 13, 2015

Push Yourself.

I owe a lot of my strength and blessings to the struggles I've faced.

I've made a lot of decisions that have forced me way outside my comfort zone -  sometimes it's been easy, other times it's been really hard. The point is that I've always made it. Making it is the reason I continue to push myself and live in that difficult moment, even when it hurts, even when I've wanted to give up. Surrendering myself to something larger than me and knowing that the discomfort is only temporary has made me realize I am capable of so much more than I ever gave myself credit. I can do this - I can bend without breaking. I am so much stronger than I realized because it's that courage, that surrender, that trust, that faith, that's enabled me to bid my fears farewell - and that's empowering.

So on the subject of empowerment... I've been #living and #forgiving a lot. 

Life has a funny way of working itself out — and what I really mean by that is that God ultimately takes us down the path that He believes is best. 

The past five years of my life have afforded me many things that I probably wouldn’t have if not for the experiences. I’ve been pushed out of my comfort zone more times than I can count — I’ve moved twice, started new jobs, made new friends, become familiar with new areas, handled the uncertainty of my life and my future for five years. I have learned, loved, listened, been patient, and most importantly, I tried in-spite of my struggles. 

And I am beyond with how satisfied and at peace I am. I’ve wholly embraced the uncertainty because I own it now. I’ve traveled quite a bit over the last nine months, ran a couple of races (one of them being the most difficult I have ever done), started hiking and trail running on the reg, skydived, earned a few scars, read a ton of books, made new friends, deepened existing friendships, learning a lot about myself along the way.

I'm about to embark on another adventure, a new chapter, if you will. Soon, I'll be packing up my things and moving back east, to a new town to start all over again. I've done a lot of that over the past eight years - this marking my fourth move since 2007 - but this time it's different. It's completely on my terms, for me. And I couldn't be more excited to embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment